On 30 may launched a campaign to raise funds to develop a home game console, the Atari VCS. Crowdfunding campaign on the site Indiegogo and has already raised more than $2 000 000 (about 125 000 000), which significantly exceeded the expectations of developers.
Until the end of the campaign remains about a month. Thus, we can only guess how much money the creation of the Atari VCS will gather developers. Initially, the creation of the Atari VCS was planned to collect $100 000 (about 6 200 000).
Technical specifications of the Atari VCS:
- Materials: plastic, metal, wood;
- OS: Linux (Ubuntu);
- Connection: HDMI 2.0, Wi-Fi 2.4/5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, Gigabit Ethernet, 4xUSB 3.0;
- Inputs: microphone, controller and joystick;
- Memory: 32 GB, support external HD, SD card;
- RAM: 4 GB DDR4;
- CPU: A10 Bristol Ridge;
- Graphics processor: Radeon R7;
- Game chat: Skype, Discord;
- Features: support mouse and keyboard, streaming on Twitch.
The minimum required amount of funds that the gamers will get the console, the Atari VCS, is $199 (about 12 500 rubles) on Indiegogo. For $229 (approximately 14 300 rubles), the participants of the campaign will receive an additional set of console with joystick, and with a donation of $299 (about 18 700 rubles) will receive a collector’s edition, made in wood covered enclosure serial number and certificate of authenticity.
Ataribox renamed the Atari VCS. Became known the cost of the console
The console is due out in July 2019.
По материалам: vgtimes.ru